DCFS Application Code: DCFS-TEM
HD Application Code: HDTEM
More programme information and activities details could be found on the programme Facebook page or Youtube channel:
Tourism is one of the prosperous industries contributing to the reputation of Hong Kong as “Asia’s World City”. As Hong Kong now hosts many internationally recognised events related to sports, arts, festivals, entertainments, conventions and exhibitions, the event industry is considered an excitingly growing market - and this programme is designed to meet the increasing demand for professionally trained personnel in tourism and events management. Since it was launched in 2003, the programme has been a popular choice among students and remains highly regarded by the industry.
Programme Aims and Features
This programme aims to equip students with specialised knowledge and skills in organising events in the tourism industry. Upon graduation, students will have exciting tourism and events career opportunities both locally and overseas. Programme features include in-class experiential learning, professional talks and field trips in such areas as mega events, special events, conferences and exhibitions.
Practical job placement of 3 months is an essential part of this 2-year programme. Students have been given ample opportunities to work in various organisations in the tourism industry, including Ocean Park, Hong Kong Disneyland, EGL Tours, Travel Expert, Swire Travel and Jetour Holiday.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes offered by local universities, including Year 3 of the 4-year, BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management / BSc (Hons) in Convention and Event Management offered by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The list below shows the degree offers that our graduates/ students received in the past*:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BSc (Hons) in Tourism and Events Management
BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management
- The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Arts
BSc Information Management
- City University of Hong Kong
BA Chinese and History
BA Culture and Heritage Management
BA Digital Television and Broadcasting
BA Media and Communication
BBA Business Analysis
BBA Business Operations Management
BSocSc Applied Sociology
BSocSc Asian and International Studies
- Hong Kong Baptist University
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)
BBA (Hons) Marketing Concentration
Bachelor of Communication (Hons) - Organizational Communication Option
Bachelor of Communication (Hons) - Public Relations and Advertising Option
*The above list is not exhaustive and only shows some of the examples.
Graduates are also eligible to apply for the below degree programmes offered by other institutions:
Other Local Institutions
- HKU SPACE International College
- Full-time, 2-year, Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in International Festival and Event Management, offered by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE International College (IC)
- Full-time, 18-month, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Tourism Management, offered by University of Plymouth (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE International College (IC)
- Les Roches (Switzerland)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BBA in Global Hospitality Management (Senior year entry)
- Glion Institute of Higher Education (Switzerland)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BBA in International Hospitality Business (Senior year entry)
- Swiss Hotel Management School (Switzerland)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality Management (Senior year entry)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality and Events Management (Senior year entry)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality & Design Management (Senior year entry)
Upon graduation, students will be offered attractive career opportunities locally or overseas in many areas such as convention and exhibition centres, events planning and organising companies, airlines, theme parks, and public and private organisations to pursue their dream career. Some of our graduates are working in Hong Kong Disneyland, Cathay Pacific Airways, the Hong Kong Tourism Board and other various events companies.
HK01, 3 July 2023
Topick, 21 June 2019