DCFS Application Code: DCFS-THM
HD Application Code: HDTHM
More programme information and activities details could be found on the programme Facebook page or Youtube channel:
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of leisure tourists and business travelers visiting Hong Kong reached a record high (over 65 million in 2018). Although the global tourism industry has been experiencing an unprecedented challenge since 2020, with relaxation of quarantine measures in many countries, it is expected that the industry will be recovered gradually in foreseeable future.
Since its inception in 2005, the programme has trained and prepared students to take up such a challenging and rewarding career in the tourism and hospitality industries. Graduates may also choose to further their studies in a related field and achieve a higher qualification.
Programme Aims and Features
This 2-year full-time programme is designed to provide a tailored curriculum covering specific features of the tourism and hospitality management industries with a special focus on Hong Kong, at a level commensurate with junior management. The multi-disciplinary curriculum encourages the acquisition of basic life and employment skills and prepares students for a rewarding career.
All students will undergo a practical job placement of 6 months after the first year of study. All students in good standing will also be given ample opportunities to work in deluxe hotels and service-related firms. Students have successfully completed training in around 40 deluxe hotels in Hong Kong including the Peninsula, Grand Hyatt, Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Rosewood, Landmark Mandarin Oriental, JW Marriott, Sheraton, Shangri-la, Renaissance and The Murray, Hong Kong, a Niccolo Hotel, etc.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes offered by local universities, including Year 3 of the 4-year, BSc (Hons) in Hotel Management / BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management offered by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The list below shows the degree offers that our graduates/ students received in the past*:
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BSc (Hons) in Tourism Management
BSc (Hons) in Hotel Management
BSc (Hons) Tourism and Events Management
- The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Arts
BSc Information Management
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
BBA Hospitality and Real Estate
- City University of Hong Kong
BA Chinese and History
BA English Studies
BA Linguistics and Language Applications
BA Media and Communication
BBA Business Analysis
BBA Business Operations Management
BSocSc Asian and International Studies
BSocSc Public Policy and Politics
- Hong Kong Baptist University
BBA (Hons) Human Resources Management Concentration
BBA (Hons) Marketing Concentration
*The above list is not exhaustive and only shows some of the examples.
Graduates are also eligible to apply for the below degree programmes offered by other institutions:
Other Local Institutions
- HKU SPACE International College
- Full-time, 2-year, Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in International Festival and Event Management, offered by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE International College (IC)
- Full-time, 18-month, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Hospitality Management, offered by University of Plymouth (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE International College (IC)
- Full-time, 18-month, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Tourism Management, offered by University of Plymouth (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE International College (IC)
- Les Roches (Switzerland)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BBA in Global Hospitality Management (Senior year entry)
- Glion Institute of Higher Education (Switzerland)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BBA in International Hospitality Business (Senior year entry)
- Swiss Hotel Management School (Switzerland)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality Management (Senior year entry)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality and Events Management (Senior year entry)
- Full-time, 12-18 month, BA (Hons) in International Hospitality & Design Management (Senior year entry)
Upon graduation, students will be able to explore career opportunities locally or overseas in a number of areas such as hotels, airlines, travel agencies, theme parks, service-related firms, industry associations or government tourism organisations. Some of our graduates are working in deluxe hotels, including the Peninsula, Grand Hyatt, Four Seasons, InterContinental Grand Stanford, Mandarin Oriental and Sheraton as well as airlines such as Virgin Atlantic.