DFS Application Code: HPDFS-BM
HD Application Code: HDBMGT_MS
More programme information and activities details could be found on the programme Facebook page:
This programme was formerly known as Higher Diploma in Business (Management), and has been restructured and retitled as Higher Diploma in Business Management with effect from the 2016-17 academic year.
The Higher Diploma in Business Management Programme is a comprehensive and broad-based business programme that aims to expose students to the major functions of a business organisation and introduce them to the core business management theories and practice. It consists of 2 years of study. The first year of study follows a common core curriculum covering generic and core business courses such as Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Statistics and Business Law. These courses will provide an integrated view of various business functions in the commercial environment. Students will be able to identify their area of interest and will be able to choose one of following specialised themes in their second year of study:
- Management Studies
- Management and Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Management with Business Law
- Management and e-Commerce
Graduates will be awarded Higher Diploma in Business Management.
Programme Aims and Features (Management Studies)
- Exposes students to all major functions of a business organisation, such as accounting, economics, finance, marketing, human resources management, international business, statistics and business law;
- Distinguishes itself from other existing business management programmes through its broad coverage of key management functions, thereby allowing students to further studies or jump-start their careers in various management related fields more quickly upon graduation;
- Delivers practical management know-how in addition to academic training, which prepares students to take up junior management positions after graduation.
Opportunities for Further Studies
Graduates are eligible to apply for admission to Bachelor’s degree programmes in Business Management, Business Administration or other related disciplines offered by local universities (including HKU).
The list below shows the degree offers that our graduates/ students received in the past*:
- The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Economics & Finance
BSc Information Management
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Business Administration
- City University of Hong Kong
BBA Business Analysis
BBA Business Economics
BBA Business Operations Management
BBA China Business
BBA Information Management
BSocSc Asian and International Studies
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
BBA (Hons) Global Supply Chain Management
BBA (Hons) Management
- Hong Kong Baptist University
BBA (Hons) Accounting Concentration
BBA (Hons) Applied Economics Concentration
BBA (Hons) Human Resources Management Concentration
BBA (Hons) Information Systems and e-Business Management Concentration
BBA (Hons) Marketing Concentration
*The above list is not exhaustive and only shows some of the examples.
Graduates are also eligible to apply for the below degree programmes offered by other institutions:
Other Local Institutions
- HKU SPACE
- Full-time or part-time, Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management, offered by The University of Hull (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE
- Full-time or part-time, BSc Business and Management, offered by The University of London Business Programmes (Academic Direction: London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE) (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE
- Full-time or part-time, BSc Economics and Management, offered by The University of London Business Programmes (Academic Direction: London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE) (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE
- Full-time or part-time, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management, offered by University of Plymouth (UK) in collaboration with HKU SPACE
- The University of Queensland (Australia)
- University of Huddersfield (UK)
Graduates are eligible for exemption from:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for up to 4 papers in the Professional Examinations;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) for up to 2 papers in the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting.
This programme will enable students to explore career opportunities at junior supervisory level in business management and administration or related fields.